FlowFlex Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test Review
If you are ever required to do an antigen test, you are probably wondering which brands deliver the most accurate results. This article aims to assist you in choosing an appropriate test kit in compliance with your workplace health protocols.
We will take a look at one of the leading lateral flow tests from ACON Laboratories, Inc. – the FlowFlex COVID-19 rapid antigen home test. This FlowFlex Covid-19 test review will dive deep into the testing process, the test’s accuracy, and, of course, its affordability.
How Accurate Are FlowFlex Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Tests?
The FlowFlex COVID-19 test has an accuracy of identifying 93% of SARS-CoV-2 virus-positive cases and 100% of negative specimens.
How to Administer a FlowFlex Covid-19 Test
To avoid false-negative results, you must follow the FlowFlex Lateral Flow test instruction that comes with the kit.
- Open the extraction buffer tube cover by carefully removing the foil on top.
- Push to remove the perforated circle on the kit box. This will serve as a tube holder. Now, place the opened tube in the slot.
- Using the swab that comes with the kit, collect a nasal swab sample from the patient. Insert the absorbent tip about ½ - ¾ inch into one nostril and firmly rub the inside wall five times in a circular motion. This process should take 15 seconds to ensure the proper collection of specimens. Repeat this process in the other nostril using the same swab.
- After extraction, quickly place the swab in the buffer tube. Swirl the swab in the buffer solution for at least 30 seconds.
- Next, squeeze the tube near the swab tip, then rotate the swab five times. While still squeezing the tube, pull out the swab to ensure that all specimen is left in the reagent solution. Immediately dispose of the used swab in the garbage bin.
- Close the tube by securing the dropper tip. Swirl the solution to make sure it is mixed well.
- Place four drops of the solution in the sample well by carefully squeezing the tube.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes and wait. Read the results only after 15 minutes have transpired and not more than 30 minutes after.
How to interpret the result:
- Only one line on the control line (C) - NEGATIVE
- Lines on both the control line (C) and the test line (T) - POSITIVE
- No lines visible or only one line on the test line (T) - INVALID
Is FlowFlex a good COVID-19 test? The answer is YES. The kit comes with everything you need to administer the test. It is highly accurate, UK government-approved, and also very affordable.
The FlowFlex Covid-19 test price starts at £1.99 per kit. Benefit from larger discounts when you order more than 1 test kit. Buy FlowFlex Covid-19 test kit only from CovidTests.co.uk to avoid counterfeits.
If your company prefers a different brand, you can buy Healgen antigen rapid test kit from CovidTests. It is also UK government-approved, which assures you of its excellent quality.