FlowFlex Covid Self-Test Individually Packaged
Select desired quantity below.
Shipping & Delivery
We offer a fast and reliable 24-hour Next Working Day Royal Mail tracked service.
Orders under £40: £3.99
Orders over £40: Free Shipping
Dispatch Days: We dispatch orders from Monday to Friday, except on Bank Holidays.
Order Cut-off: To ensure Next Working Day Delivery, please place your order by 2 pm from Monday to Friday.
Please note that our shipping services are currently available only for mainland UK.
Returns & Refunds
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
Our products can be returned within 30 days of the original purchase of the product.
To be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The product was purchased in the last 30 days
- The product is in its original packaging
- The product isn’t used or damaged
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OF COVID TEST KITS.
Please Note Expiry Date Options.
We have long and short dated expiry tests listed on this listing.
We have stock expiring 23rd January 2024 and we also have stock expiring October 2024 (you will see the options in the drop down menu).
The FlowFlex COVID-19 antigen rapid testing kit is a reliable test to determine your and your whole family’s COVID-19 status. It is an all-in-one kit that has everything you will need to perform a self-test. Get instant peace of mind in as fast as 15 minutes.
- Easy to perform self-test
- Safe for testing children as young as 2 years of age
- Can be used by individuals experiencing symptoms or asymptomatic
- Get results in as little as 15 minutes
- No need to wait days for a lab testing
- It has everything you need to test “on-the-go”
- U.K. Government approved
- 2 years shelf life from point of manufacture. (You may check the new validity of test kits on the manufacturer’s website. The kits have been approved to have an additional 9 months extension on their shelf life.)
What Is in the Kit?
The FlowFlex COVID-19 test kit comes in a box with the following paraphernalia:
- The test cassette
- The extraction buffer tube
- A disposable nasal swab
- The package insert which contains the manual
- A tube holder (the box serves as the holder for the 25 test quantity kit)
A clock or timer is needed when performing the procedure. However, a timer is not included in the kit. Only use the items in the kit to perform the test. Do not substitute or use items that did not come from the original kit, especially the nasal swabs.
Preparation and Handling
- Sanitize your hands by washing them with soap or using alcohol. Pat them dry before proceeding with the test.
- Read and understand the instructions in the package insert.
- Check that the contents of your test kit are complete. Make sure that the expiration date printed on the cassette foil pouch is still valid. Do not use the test if any of the foil packagings has been damaged or opened.
- Open the foil pouch and place the test cassette on a clean table or flat surface.
- The test sample should be self-taken by an individual aged 14 years or older. For children aged 2 to 13 years old, the nasal swab should be taken by an adult.
How to Use the FlowFlex COVID Rapid Test?
- Peel open the foil cover on top of the extraction buffer tube.
- Punch through the perforated circle in the kit box. Place the buffer tube upright through the hole in the box.
- Open the pack containing the sterile swab at the stick end. Refrain from touching the cotton tip of the swab to avoid contamination.
- To take nasal samples, insert the cotton tip into a nostril about ½ to ¾ inch of the way. Rub the tip in a circular motion against the nasal wall 5 times. The process should take at least 15 seconds to properly collect enough specimens. Repeat the process in the other nostril while still using the same swab.
- After collecting the samples, place the tip with the specimen into the buffer tube. Swirl around the swab in the extraction buffer solution for 30 seconds.
- Press the sides of the tube against the swab tip and then rotate the stick 5 times. While still squeezing the tube between your fingers, pull out the nasal swab to squeeze out all the liquid from the absorbent tip. Throw the swab in the garbage bin to properly dispose of it.
- Properly close the dropper tip on the buffer tube. Swirl around the tube to mix the contents well.
- Gently squeeze the tube above the sample well on the test cassette and then place 4 drops of the solution.
- Set an alarm or timer for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes have transpired, you may now read the results on the test cassette. Do not read the results after 30 minutes.
Note: Failure to properly perform any of these instructions may lead to a false negative result.
Interpretation of Results
After 15 minutes, the lines will be on display in the test cassette results window. This is how to read and interpret the results.
There is only 1 line and it is on the Control line (C) - NEGATIVE
A line on the Control line (C) means that the test has proceeded properly. No line on the Test line (T) means that there are no detected antigens from the virus. The patient is not infected.
- There are 2 lines, one on the Control line (C) and another on the Test Line (T) - POSITIVE
The line on the Control (C) line assures that the test is valid. Any line on the Test Line (T), whether it is strong or very faint, is a sign that the test has detected the presence of COVID-19 antigens. The patient is most likely a carrier of the virus and is probably contagious as well.
- There is only 1 line and it is on the Test line (T) - INVALID
If the Control line (C) does not have a line, it means the test did not execute properly. Even if there is a line present on the Test line (T), the test is considered invalid. The result cannot be interpreted as either positive or negative. A re-test is in order using a new test kit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What Is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Infected individuals may display flu-like symptoms such as fever, coughing, colds, joint pain, headache, and most notably, loss of taste and/or smell. Possible extreme outcomes of the infection are hospitalization and even death.
However, some people may be asymptomatic and not be aware that they are carrying the virus. This could lead to the spread of the disease unknowingly, which calls for the need for regular testing. Mass testing has proved to be effective in identifying infected individuals and stopping the spread of COVID-19.
What Is the Difference Between a Lateral Flow Test vs. a Molecular (PCR) Test?
Regular testing of individuals aids in controlling the spread of the virus. There are two popular types of tests: the lateral flow and the molecular test. A lateral flow test is an assay that detects the presence of proteins from the virus. A positive result in this test is extremely accurate. This test can be performed in the comfort of your home and deliver results in just 15 minutes. A molecular test, more commonly called a PCR test, is a more sensitive procedure. It is done in a lab and takes hours to produce results. This makes it more reliable in detecting negative results than a lateral flow test.
How Accurate Is the FlowFlex COVID-19 Rapid Test?
In a clinical study conducted from March until May 2021, numerous lateral flow tests were employed to determine their accuracy. A total of 172 nasal swab samples were taken from 108 symptomatic patients who are suspected of having COVID-19. The FlowFlex antigen test has accurately identified 93% of the positive cases and 100% of the negative specimens. Positive results from this test are highly reliable and accurate. A negative result does not necessarily rule out the possibility of an infection.
Though the test has correctly identified all negative cases, it does not mean that when you get a negative result that you are totally free from the virus. A retesting may be in order, so it is advisable to get in touch with your health practitioner regarding the interpretation of your results and the next actions to undertake.
What Are the Benefits and Risks of Using the FlowFlex Rapid Test?
- You get quick results that may be used together with other information to help your healthcare practitioner decide on the next steps in your treatment.
- Taking precautionary measures after getting your results will help in preventing the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- The FlowFlex COVID test is approved for self-testing, meaning you can perform the test by yourself. No need to go outside to a health clinic or have a medical professional with you.
- There might be slight discomfort during the process of taking the sample.
- There is still the chance of getting incorrect test results.
Will the FlowFlex Rapid Test Hurt?
No, the nasal swab’s absorbent tip is not sharp and should, therefore, not hurt at all. Collecting the nasal samples may cause some form of discomfort. However, it should not cause pain. If you experience pain during the collection process, stop the procedure and consult with your healthcare provider.
What Precautions Should I Take When Performing the Test?
- Read the instructions and carefully follow each step.
- Do not use the test on children below 2 years of age.
- Do not use test kits past their expiration date unless the manufacturer extends the shelf life.
- Once the package has been opened, the test cassette should be used immediately, preferably in under 60 minutes.
- Use a safety mask when collecting samples from someone else to avoid cross-contamination.
- Do not use nasal sprays for at least 30 minutes before taking your samples.
- Do not perform the test on individuals prone to nosebleeding or those with a recent head injury.
- The reagent/buffer solution contains a harmful chemical that may irritate. Flush your skin or eye with clean water if it comes in contact. Call for medical assistance if irritation still occurs.
How Much Is a Flowflex Single Test Kit?
An individually packaged kit for single use is just £1.99 per kit. The FlowFlex COVID test price can be lowered further when you buy FlowFlex COVID-19 test single kits in multiples of 5, 10, 25, and so on. Buy FlowFlex COVID test kits only from CovidTests.co.uk and get free express delivery for orders over £40.
What to Do If I Get a Positive Result?
A positive result means that the test has detected the presence of COVID-19 proteins in your nasal sample. It means that you are currently infected and carrying the virus in your body. You are probably contagious as well, which means you can spread the virus to other people in your current state. It is best to report your test’s positive result to your healthcare provider and follow their advice.
You will most likely be required to self-isolate so as not to spread the disease to your family or workplace. Some medicine may also be prescribed to ease any discomfort or symptoms you are experiencing.
What to Do If I Get a Negative Result?
A negative result on your lateral test most likely means that there are no COVID-19 proteins in your body. You are not a carrier of the dangerous virus and may proceed with your normal day-to-day activities. If you have symptoms, but the test result is negative, you most probably do not have COVID.
However, a negative result does not completely rule out the possibility of an infection. So, if you are constantly exposed to a large number of people or are in contact with COVID-19 patients, you may have to perform the test daily or on a regular basis. This will ensure that you do not contract and spread the virus.
What to Do If I Get an Invalid Result?
An invalid result means the test was not able to determine if you are infected or not with SARS-CoV-2. Any part of the procedure that was not done properly may cause the failure of the test. You would have to use a new test kit, nasal swab, test cassette, and extraction buffer tube to redo the test. So, it is best to have more than one test kit on hand in case a retest is in order.
How Do I Properly Store the Test Kit?
- Store kits at 2-30°C (36-86°F). This will prolong the shelf life for an additional 9 months from the expiration date.
- Keep the kit components at room temperature before use.
- Once opened, use the test within 60 minutes.
Just placed an order for this Flowflex test kit. It seems to be one of the best you can buy. Can't go wrong at this knock down price, and better safe than sorry, now that these tests are no longer free from the pharmacy!
Used the heavily reduced price Flowflex mask all day yesterday at an outdoor event connected with my job. It's the first time I've ordered from covidtests.co.uk, and the first time I tried out this type of mask. All I can say is that I wished I'd ordered more than one. - Anyway, I've learned to be cautious, and now that I have seen why these Flowflex masks are toted as such superior quality, I'm just about to order an economy box. No more uncomfortable masks that make it difficult to breath, and steam up my glasses. Thanks Flowflex!!